The Society **click here for this week's presentation**
The Singapore Microcomputer Society, since 1978, is a non-profit voluntary organisation which aims to foster a link between the Info-Comm Technology industry and end users by providing a forum for members to keep up-to-date with fast changing technology.
| || |
The Society regularly holds weekly seminars on Friday evenings at Lecture Room 1 (Third storey), Bishan Community Club (near Bishan MRT).
View seminar venue
Each seminar is chaired by the respective chairman of the Interest Group, and presented by the chairman himself or such other presenters that may be invited, including manufacturers of hardware and software, representative from distributors, institutions or associations. These seminars are opened to members and non-members. Non members will be required to pay a nominal fee for attending the seminars.
- Internet - Internet and internet applications and resources.
- Windows - Vendors, manufacturers' participation, computerisation, software applications, OS.
- Funding Retirement - Investment and funding for retirees.
- Raspberry Pi - On the usage and implementation of Raspberry Pi hardware and software.
- Mobile Computing - Portable devices and mobile phone technologies and applications.
- IT Business - Provision of business networking and IT related business opportunities and tools, and software to help improve businesses.
- Digital Lifestyle - Connecting technology with people and encourage them to experiment with it daily.
- Open Source - Open Source OS, software and related.
- General Interest - Programming, Hardware, Networking.
- Others - Groups that may be added from time to time, as and when required.
Join SMS (Click here for application form)
Membership is open to all members of the Public, regardless of age, skills, status or nationality. Corporate and Individual membership are welcome. Interest in microcomputing is expected.
Donations of any amount is appreciated. You can choose to be anonymous too.
You may visit our web site and make donation using your credit card by clicking the button below:
If you prefer to donate by bank transfer or cheque, you may also do so. All donations will be reflected on this web site to ensure transparancy and to assure you that the money is received and properly accounted for. Thank you.
Postal Address Meeting AddressBedok Central Lecture Room 1 (3rd storey)
P O Box 0841, Bishan Community Club
Singapore 914615 51 Bishan Street 13
Tel:(65) 6243-3965 Singapore 579799
WebSite: http://www.sms.org.sg Presentations - every Friday, 7:30pm- 9:30pm
Email: manager (at) sms.org.sg except on eve of and public holidays.
Note: To prevent spammers from harvesting emails, please replace the (at) with symbol @ .